Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A New Neighbor.....Named Pete



Sorry I’m a little late with my post this week…..and I’m afraid this one will be shorter than usual….my tummy is again in a tailspin and frankly, I’m still not feeling great. They say this can happen over here…ya know…your body getting used to all the new bugs and such, but really, enough already!

I can say, with relief, that the marching band is gone, although we are still listening to the cadets doing drills, and we have a new friend in the neighborhood…just next door….Pete, the rooster. We named him Pete because he reminds us of our little friend, Pete Greenwood…..he goes NON-STOP….all the time!! I mean Pete, the rooster, NEVER, EVER stops crowing….EVER! And every now and then you hear the chickens all in an uproar…and I’m thinkin…Pete is after him some ladies….bow chicka bow wow!! Maybe that’s why he’s crowing all the time…I’m not sure, all I know is, if Pete doesn’t chill soon…he may be what’s for dinner!!

We also had friends from Little Rock here for the last week, Chris Pledger and Douglas Braswell, and it has been GREAT to see familiar faces and have fun with them. Unfortunately, I am missing out on some of the fun this week because of my tummy, but I’m hoping this isn’t the last time they visit, and I’m hoping next time they bring their wives! We are also thankful for them hauling more trunks over for us filled with all kinds of things we think we can’t live without…ok…tools and such, but a few goodies thrown in thanks to a plethora of folks who added things here and there! It’s amazing how excited one gets about fly swatters and ant motels (oh and the m & m’s and garlic salt as well)

On Saturday, we did get to go visit Ronald’s sisters up at the Sonrise School...visiting day for family and friends. If you don’t know that story, you need to read Russell’s latest blog at www.musanzeinc.com, which will explain all about Ronald and his family. I have included some pictures of the girls, Patience, is 14 now, and Gloria is 5. Gloria is still very detached, but she did finally warm up enough to let me take her picture. After our visit to Sonrise, we headed up to the Virunga Mountain Lodge, overlooking Lake Barrera. It’s a stunning setting, and as it happened, Don Cheadle, the actor of Hotel Rwanda fame, was staying there after speaking at the baby gorilla naming ceremony earlier in the day.  He didn’t really interact with us non-celebrity sorts other than giving me a titch of chess advice as he walked by Douglas and I playing…but it was a wonderful night with wonderful friends!

I’m hoping this bug, or whatever it is, leaves my tummy alone soon….as I am fond of saying…it’s about on my very LAST nerve. The only advantage at this point is the poundage that seems to be dropping off my body daily….I can assure you, I would rather be “fluffy”!

If you think about it, I would appreciate a prayer….thanks and God Bless!!

6 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I'm sorry it's taking your body so long to adjust. You and Russell are constantly in my prayers but I'll kick in a few extra for you. I LOVE the pics! Keep 'em coming.

    Tammie Nuoci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammie...we feel all the prayers and I am grateful for any extra around this whole tummy issue....other than that, we are starting to get connected to those around us. It was great being with Ronald and his sisters at Sonrise on Saturday. What a blessing that school is! Will do my best to keep the photos coming...they should call Rwanda the land of a thousand smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sista! Love you tons and hope you are back to your perky self soon! We worked at an adoption "fair" on Sat. and there were twins that melted my heart! Thought of you.
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chickadee...I really am doin ok...I've seen not ONE set of twins other than the ones that are our gardeners....I'm enjoying my garlic salt (thanks for the Bible vs. on the one) and my m & m's...although I can't really completely enjoy eating them yet! But I have enjoyed one or two :-)...love y'all, too...hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I LOVE the pictures and stories you tell! I can't imagine the rooster. That rooster has no idea who he's messin' with! I pray that your tummy is all better now. Is any of it anxiety? Mine has been all in a tither since about March 12 (the day we learned about Hayden). Either way, I hope you are already feeling much better! So glad someone thought to send you some m&ms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tracy....yes...Pete, the rooster, goes non-stop all day every day...but whadda ya do? The tummy is a little better...sticking to a diet of white rice and water...yummy! Don't think it's anxiety, but the adjustment has been harder than I thought, frankly...it's weird...so I guess that probably doesn't help. I know y'all are SO excited to get to China and get your baby girl...keep the updates coming...I love keeping up with whats going on...hugs to all...

    ReplyDelete