Monday, March 29, 2010

Let the Blogging Begin.....

Well, we are wheels-up...off the ground...leaving Little Rock, TWO weeks from today. If you could see our apartment...it would make you laugh...it makes me laugh. We have boxes and furniture going to storage, boxes and furniture going to the Rainey's, boxes and furniture going to my mom and dad's storage and more of the same going with Brit...we feel it important to spread the love around :) The goal is to be out of the apartment by the end of this week...I'll let you know at the end of the week if we were able to actually pull it off....I make no promises! What I can promise, is that by April 11th, we will be moved, and hopefully settled, if just a titch, over at the Rainey's...that's all I got!!

Yesterday, as I was having a slight, mini-meltdown, Russell said, "You know, you really don't do well with chaos". My immediate response was "What do you mean, I don't do well, with chaos. I handle chaos better than almost anyone I know". Actually, I don't. Truth be told, I like things - my life - wrapped up with pretty tissue and a pink and green bow on top, and for the most part, it is. Chaos is not my West Little Rock life, no matter how hectic things get. Chaos is not boxes all over our apartment, or the plethora of storage units. Chaos is not the endless lists I have started so that I don't forget even the smallest of details in this move. No, chaos is surviving a genocide when your husband and children did not. Chaos is not being able to afford TWO dollars worth of malaria medication to save my child's life. Choas is living in a country of 10 million people a quarter of the size of Arkansas. Chaos, here we come! I wonder how well I will do with real chaos?

My prayer for this move is that we are able to make even the smallest of differences in the lives of the people of Rwanda. I suspect they will make the largest of differences in ours.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Beautiful Lady,
    Got to say that I love your Blog and more than that I love your heart. Seeing the big picture when we are wrapped up in our little world (or pretty tissue paper) is a gift. I delight in how it motivates you and your family to act.....after all love is a verb. May all his grace, provision and protection go with you, Melissa Lewis, Australia xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks SOOO much, Melissa. How are you...and Darren and the boys? Russell said to tell you we are on the same side of the equator now, so we are just a hop, skip and a jump away...and that next year, he wants to do a Christ in the Virungas, and that he would love Darren's help, but not without you along to keep me company :) Love that we now have a way to really keep in touch. With love, hugs and prayers for your precious family, ~C~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have never heard of Virungas... where is Virungas? I am hoping that it is the maldives!:) Well where ever it is I would love to come and spend time with you....keep us posted. God speed with packing - honestly, how are you finding time to check your blog...you're are a champion. Your geographicaly challenged friend, Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa...the Virunga Mountains are the mountain range in Northern Rwanda, and the town we will be living in, Musanze (you will probably see it as Ruhengeri on the map, which was the colonized name, but they have gone back to a Rwandan name) is located just at the base of that mountain range, which also spans into Congo and Uganda. The Virunga Mountains contain 7 very high volcanoes that make up the mountain peaks ...it reminds us, in a very odd way to Jackson Hole. We are at about 6,000 ft. in elevation....but just below the equator, so the weather is perfect every day of the year...except for the rains they tend to get...but to me, that's better than -20 and snow :) So, there you have it my friend...you would just be coming to visit us in Rwanda...which we would welcome at ANY time!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete